Monday, June 21, 2010

Because the French Guy Had Frozen Pizza

This is a blog.

It's summer now, and, having no other time-intensive commitments, I actually have time to write a blog. So here goes. I've never done this before.

I was wondering a bit about what to title it, and eventually I came up with "Frozen Pizza." It was fitting; my blog, like slices of leftover pizza, carefully wrapped in Aluminum Foil and placed at the bottom of some hidden freezer which is neither organized nor cleaned out often enough for anyone to find the pizza again for many months, would consist of delicious, mouth-watering slices of interest and (I had hoped) clever writing, which, although temporarily frozen, could be unwrapped, placed into a microwave, allowed to spin around on the auto-defrost setting for a minute and a half, and, upon completion of being doused with hopefully-harmless radiation, be consumed, enjoyed, and appreciated. In other words, I would save my thoughts here and revisit them later. Note to self: avoid run-on sentences.

The only problem was, according to Blogger, "Frozen Pizza" (or, at least, the URL for frozenpizza.blogspot.com) was already taken. So I, being the inquisitive person I can afford to be during the summer, went to go check out the site. Sure enough, a blog was already there. The entire thing was written in French, and my limited linguistic skills told me only that the author seemed to work part-time at Pizza Hut. So much for that idea.

While I was thinking about food, the concept of "leftovers" hit me, but (as leftovers.blogspot was also taken), I needed to combine it with something clever. Being the computer geek that I am, the right synapses fired in my calculating mind, and the current title was born. It was original (or ridiculous) enough not to have already been taken.

What will follow (if I'm not lazy and manage to actually keep up with this) will be a collection of thoughts, explorations of the abstract, bits of data left swirling in my head after a long day of thinking. What will follow will be the leftover bytes from my mind, small scraps of original thought intended to exercise, expand, and enrich. And yes, I used thesaurus.com to complete my alliteration.

Welcome to my world, where my keyboard serves as my modern pen; the Internet, my library; and this blog, my abstract journal.

Welcome to Leftover Bytes.

2 comments:

  1. Your post has left my mouth agape in awe at the precision with which every word was chosen, my body twitching in excitement as I eagerly anticipate your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to post again; it said "1 comments".

    /facepalm

    ReplyDelete